First, we’ll add some ambience to your fireplace mantel.
Grab a string of 50 clear lights, a garland of brightly colored leaves, two small pie pumpkins, two pinecones, and a large fall flower arrangement.
- Wind the string of clear lights around the garland.
- Put the flower arrangement in the center of the mantel. I got this one for $5.00 at Wal-Mart at the end of the season last year!
- Place the pumpkins on either side of the flowers. Mine are from our trip to the Fiddlin’ Rooster Farm’s pumpkin patch!
- The pinecones are next- put them next to the pumpkins on the side near the flowers.
- Then weave the lighted garland throughout the decorations. I went behind the pumpkins and in front of the flowers, leaving a little garland hanging off each side of the mantle.
Next, we’ll tackle the coffee table. You’ll need two topiaries, a rustic looking bowl or basket, various gourds, and a small scarecrow.
- Fill the bowl or basket with fun gourds of varying colors and shapes.
- Position the scarecrow sitting on the back edge of the bowl, and don’t forget to cross his legs!
- Place the two topiaries equal distances from the bowl. I bought these for $2.50 each last year at Wal-Mart’s end of the season sale!
Now that we’ve added a touch of color to the living room, let’s liven up the dining room!
To create a simple yet elegant centerpiece for your dining room table, use a festive fall wreath and a simple glass hurricane.
- Set a warm-colored candle in the hurricane.
- Place the hurricane in the center of the wreath.
If you have a buffet in your dining room, create a beautiful tablescape using candles and flowers.
You’ll need a formal flower arrangement with deep, vibrant colors; a gold charger; pillar candles; and candle holders.
- Place the flowers in the center of the buffet. A gold charger placed behind the flowers makes the colors in the arrangement pop.
- Put candles on either side of the arrangement. I bought these leaf-embossed candles last year at the Dollar Tree.
Last but not least, splash pockets of color around your home using straw pumpkins, leaves, and gourds. Place pumpkins and gourds of varying sizes on top of leaves to go from plain to pizzazz!
I hope you’ve enjoyed a sneak peek into my home and that you’ll try some of these doable decorating ideas!